Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Postcard #4 - A Summer Dawn

By parts, a silver dawn on the horizon slips between the folds of night’s dark sheet. Joining the stars by criss-crosses of bursting daylight, like a shiny fat woman filling up her black dress to the seams.

The meadow from where I stand to the foot of the grassy knoll beyond which the sky rises turns from black to dewy green. Shapes are now discernible. The little farm dots are waking up. The wind zips over and around the mustard stalks below. The mustard flowers are dizzy with all the twirling, as if she had put a blanket around them and given them a good exuberant spin and then run away, leaving them reeling behind, a kind of a gypsy dance.

Breathe in the summer dawn. It is not hot. The zippy air of the yellow mustard flowers skims down to your depths. One smiles. She is so happy. The wind I mean.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lahar said...

Nice blog. I read Raymond Chandler ocassionally, and like him. Thank God you aren't a FRIENDS fanatic, like I initially feared.

July 25, 2006  
Blogger J said...

A very natural mistake with all the friends frenzy. =). Thanks for stopping by.

July 25, 2006  
Blogger Lahar said...

A pleasure. I might even bookmark you. And I've never watched a single episode of FRIENDS

July 26, 2006  
Blogger J said...

Glad you like it. I must say you're one of the few people I know who haven't watched Freinds. I myself must confess to having watched some of it. But I am inclined to agree with your opinion on it's worthlessness.

July 27, 2006  
Blogger i said...

So, why would anyone think that the instigator of this blog may watch Friends?

July 28, 2006  
Blogger J said...

Well, That would be because there's a chappie called Chandler in Friends. And seeing as Friends has wrapped up, it might be that someone went and started a blog on them.

July 28, 2006  
Blogger i said...

A chap called Chandler in Friends? Is there nothing sacred left in this World.
Ray will be feeling rotten in his grave. Poor soul.

July 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home