Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Postcard #6 - Polarity

written to "Don't tell me good night" by Lobo.

A sunset I would like to describe.

Running. I am tired. I stop. I glance up. It’s darkening now. Passers-by stop to see what I stare at. Nothing. They look at me. Some of them laugh as they drive away.

I see little black feathering leaves of tall trees scraping against a deep, deep blue setting sky. Like tiny black rivers. The deep blue is riddled in parts with dark gray clouds, a child’s left, right splashes of yellow and orange, but the blue is dominant. Somewhere in a patch, the sun sinks into red. I also see a silverish grey island cloud in the sky surrounded by pink and white puffy mountain clouds.

In striking contrast, a brown banyan stands in front of me, sending it's infinite roots plunging to the ground, the withered sentinels of it's ageing branches.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home